|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on March 16, 1929.
The arms show the lion of the Wildgrafen and a canting wavy bend (Bach=stream), and were granted in 1929.
The village received city rights by the Wildgrafen in 1318, but the village did not develop in a proper city. The lion already appears in the oldest known seal of the town, which dates from the 16th century. The wavy bend was added in 1929.
Hupp showed the arms in the 1920s in both versions, with and without the bend:
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925