|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Oberösterreich
District : Rohrbach
The arms were officially granted on May 13, 1996.
The arms combine elements from the arms of two formerly important families of Hörbich. The mountain is taken from the arms of the Tannberger family (known from a deal from 1278), who built and lived in the Tannberg Castle (now ruins) in the mmunicipality. In 1356 the castle became a possession of the Bishops of Passau and later the Herleinsperger family lived on the castle for several centuries. Their arms showed two crescents.
Literature : Baumert, H.E. : Oberösterreichische Gemeindewappen, Linz, 1996.