|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on February 12, 1976.
The arms show the cross and wavy bar from the old arms (see below), and the fleur-de-lis from the old arms of Warburg district.
The previous arms were granted on January 17, 1953.
The arms show in the upper part the arms of the diocese and State of Paderborn, as the whole area was ruled by the bishops until 1803. The lower part shows the Weser river. The colours are taken from the arms of the Abbey of Corvey near Höxter city. The Abbott was also Lord of Höxter and received the rank of Prince in 1792.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Linder and Olzog, 1996