|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In geteiltem Schild oben in Silber ein roter Adlerfang, unten von Rot und Silber senkrecht gerautet.
The town was founded by the Hohenberg dynasty and received city rights before 1330. The oldest seals and images show only the arms of the family (divided silver and red, the lower part with silver and red diamonds), sometimes shown wrongly in silver and black. Between 1820 and 1902 the upper part showed the eagle's claw over a deer antler, the arms of Württemberg, as the city was part of Württemberg since 1363. The antler was again removed in 1920. The origin of the claw is not claw.
The arms in the Chorographia Württemberg (Wolleber, 1591)
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.