|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
District (Kreis) : Gütersloh (until 1972 Halle)
Additions : 1938 Oldendorf bei Halle; 1969 Ascheloh, Eggeberg, Gartnisch; 1973 Amt Halle, , Bokel, Hesseln, Hörste, Kölkebeck, Künsebeck
The arms were granted on January 22, 1908 and again on September 11, 1973.
Halle received city rights in 1719 and the first seal dates from the same time. The seal showed already the three flowers, but in a vase, and the small escutcheon. The escutcheon shows the arms of the Counts of Ravensberg, who ruled the area for many centuries. The lilies have no special meaning. The arms were officially granted in 1908 with a mural crown. The latter was removed in 1940.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.