|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on September 15, 1947.
The arms show in the right half a raven on a mountain, which is the oldest arms known for a Lord of Ravensberg, dating from the 13th century. The left half shows the later arms of the Counts of Ravensberg, who ruled the area until 1346, when it became part of the County of Jülich.
Literature : Linder and Olzog, 1996.