The arms were officially granted on May 3, 1939.
The arms are based on several legends from the village. One is about a poltergeist, "the wild hunter", which is symbolised by the spear. The wheels are solar wheels and are an old Germanic symbol. They also play a role in local legends.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Barner, W. : Wappen und Siegel des Kreises Alfeld. Hildesheim, 1940.