The above arms were proposed for the former village in 1956. The proposal is based on the two old seals of the village. The oldest is known since 1481 and shows the local St. Jost chapel. The second, known from 1699-1765, shows the same chapel, but with a horseshoe below the chapel.
The proposal combines these two and the chapel is more shown as a canting house, but with a small bell as a symbol for the chapel. The colours are those of Frankfurt.
Literature : Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956