|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
De gueules à trois lions d'argent, armés, lampassés et couronnés d'or, accompagnés en abîme de la lettre H également d'argent.
The arms were granted on January 30, 1913.
The arms are based on the old seals of the village, known since the 16th century. All seals show the three lions of the estate of Lens, which, in turn, are derived from the oldest Lords of Lens, the Gavere family. Herchies historically belonged to the estate of Lens, and was later separated. The letter H was added to distinguish the arms of Herchies.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature : Servais, 1955