|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Switzerland - Schweizer Wappen / Armorial de Suisse
The lion, with its peculiar differntly coloured head, is taken from the arms of the Knights of Reinach, who built the castle Oberreinach in Herlisberg. The lion is placed on a small hill to distinguish the arms of the village from those of the family.
The arms were already shown on a map from 1597 for the village.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960