|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on September 25, 1956.
The red cross is taken as a symbol of the Reichenau abbey, to which the village belonged from 1508 until 1806. The tree wolf-irons are taken from the arms of the Von Speth family, who ruled the village from 1524 until the 19th century.
Literature : Gönner , 1958;