Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Armoiries de Hesperange
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on February 4, 1983.

The arms are a combination of four different elements. The main shield with the gold and blue bars is derived from the arms of the Lords of Rodemack (now in France), who, in the 14th century were Lords of Hesperange and surrounding villages. Their successors were the Lords of Mersch, who used the same arms, with a spur in the upper right corner.

The red bend is derived from the arms of the Margraves of Baden, who were Lords of Hesperange from 1479-1793.

The tower is a symbol for the former castles in the municipality.

The fleur-de-lis is the symbol of the St. Mary, patron saint of the Clairefontaine Abbey (now in Belgium). Several privileges were granted to the abbey by Vicountess Ermesinde. Finally, the relation of the Lords of Rodemack with the French Royal family is symbolised by the fleur-de-lis. The French Royal arms showed three golden fleur-de-lis in a blue field.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink  
Index of the site

Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.