Heston and Isleworth
HESTON AND ISLEWORTH
Incorporated into : 1965 Hounslow
Arms : Tierced in pairle Azure Sable and Gules in chief two Wings conjoined Argent to the dexter a Cross bottonee Or and to the sinister a Lion rampant guardant per fesse of the last and or the fourth.
Motto : 'UNITATE FORTIOR' - Stronger by union
The arms were officially granted on April 16, 1932.
The silver wings on blue refer to Heston Airport. The gold cross bottony is from the seal of the Monastery of St. Saviour and St. Brigit of Syon, founded in 1416 at Twickenham by Henry V and moved to the site on which Syon House now stands circa 1431. The gold and silver lion is from the arms of Hounslow Priory, founded in the thirteenth century by the Trinitarian Brothers of Redemption, on the site now occupied by Holy Trinity Church.
The motto refers to the union of the two formerly seperate parishes of Heston and Isleworth.