From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
District (Kreis) : Herford
Additions: 1969 Amt Herford-Hiddenhausen (partly), Eilshausen, Lippinghausen, Oetinghausen, Schweicheln-Bermbeck, Sundern

Wappen von Hiddenhausen/Arms (crest) of Hiddenhausen
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on July 17, 1973.

The griffin is derived from the arms of the Lords von Consbruch, who lived on the Hiddenhausen estate. The small shield and the base refer to the former watermills in the region.

The previous arms were granted in 1939.

Wappen von Hiddenhausen/Arms (crest) of Hiddenhausen

The arms are nearly identical to the arms granted in 1973, but showed a Keulenwinkelkreuz instead of the watermill wheel. The cross is a solar-symbol and used ofen on farmhouses in the region, but due to its similarity with the swastika was found inappropriate in 1969 after the merger with the other municipalities.


This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site