|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on August 3, 1982.
The upper half shows the green and silver divided shield of the Lords von Fleckenstein and a crosier for the St. Walburg Abbey. Until 1129 the Lords von Fleckenstein owned and ruled the village, and they held possessions in the village long thereafter. In 1129 the power was transferred to the Abbey and in 1452 to the Dukes of Pfalz-Zweibrücken.
The lower half shows in the colours of Pfalz-Zweibrücken a canting deer (Hirsch) antler.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Debus, 1988