|Heraldry of the World |
|Danish heraldry portal|
Region : Sjælland
Incorporated into : 1970 Vestsjælland
The arms were granted in 1965.
The arms refer to the royal meeting place in Isøre Ting (crown), from which people came from the three main parts of the Danish Kingdom in medieval times (three ships). These arms replaced older arms, granted in 1936.
These complicated arms were adopted in 1793 and combine elements of the arms of the former herreds, that were part of the Amt; the towers are from Merløse, the frog from Tuse, the oars from Samsø, the lion from Løve, the eagle from Ars, the boat from Skippinge and the star from Ods herred.
The following herreds were part of Holbæk Amt :
Literature: Achen, 1982