|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on June 11, 1962.
The arms combine the arms of Austria with the deer antler of Württemberg. The northern part of the dictrict historically belonged to Austria from 1381-1805. The southern part of the district belongs to Württemberg since the 13th century.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.