Incorporated into : 1974 Wirral
Arms : Vert two Golf Clubs in saltire heads downwards enfiled with an Ancient Crown Or between in chief a Fountain charged with an Anchour fouled Sable and in base a a Garb Gold two Flaunches barry wavy Argent and Azure.
Crest : On a Wreath of the Colours upon a Sandstone Rock an Oyster Catcher (Haematopus Ostralegus) rising proper.
Motto: 'RESPICE ET PROSPICE' - Look backward look forward
The arms were officially granted on November 1, 1960.
The shield, symbolises the District's position on the Wirral peninsula, with a green background between white and blue waves for the Mersey and Dee estuaries. The golf clubs and crown refer to the world famous Royal Liverpool Golf Links, founded in 1869. The anchor refers to the former importance of Hoylake as a port, in 1689 William of Orange sailed from here to Ireland to fight King James, culminating in the Battle of the Boyne. The sheaf links with the arms of the Cheshire CC.
The sandstone rock represents Hilbre Island and the Red Rocks and the oystercatcher is a bird seen in huge numbers on the Dee Estuary.