|Heraldry of the World |
|Danish heraldry portal|
The arms were devised in 1947 for the Torup municipality and were continued by Hundested municipality in 1962.
The arms show two oars as symbols for sailing and fishing, which have been of importance for the town. The star is a symbol for the local lighthouse, and the crown is a symbol for the former Royal garden in Halsnæs in the municipality.
Literature: Achen, 1982