Ialomița (county)

IALOMIŢA COUNTY

Arms (crest) of Ialomița (county)

Official blazon

Un scut tripartit tăiat. În primul cartier, pe fond roșu, se află o cahlă cu însemnul crucii, din aur. În al doilea cartier, pe fond albastru, un snop de grâu, din aur, plutind pe o apă. În al treilea cartier, un pod negru, cu balustradă din argint, plutind pe o apă vălurită din argint și albastru.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on December 6, 2002.

The first quarter shows a recent archaeological discovery, which proves that during the Middle Ages in the area Christianity was known; the sheaf of wheat symbolizes the fact that Ialomița County was and is the country's granary, it was also used as a symbol in the old coat of arms of the county from the pre-war period, see below.

The bridge symbolizes the permanence of the economic and socio-cultural connection between Transylvania and Dobrogea; the water symbolizes the natural wealth of the county.

Coat of arms (crest) of Ialomița (county)

The arms in 1935
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Romania.jpg
Romanian heraldry portal
Heraldica României
Romania-flag.gif

Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink  
Index of the site

Literature: image from the decree 1380/2002