Im roten Schild silbern ein bärtiger, mit Judenhut bedeckter Mannskopf.
The arms were granted on February 9, 1959 and again on November 15, 2015.
The arms are canting and have been used since the Middle Ages. They show a Jew's head, which can be identified by the special hat.
From 1939 on, the city used another arms showing the characteristic belfry of the city. These arms were already shown by Widimsky in 1864. As there was some confusion, concerning the validity of this practice, the State Government confirmed the right of the city to bear the historical arms.
Judenburg is an old merchant town, which was very important in the Middle Ages. The city is now a centre of industry.
The arms in a 16th century manuscript
The arms in an album from 1910
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
The arms in the Abadie albums
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (firstname.lastname@example.org), MStLA 12 (1962), p. 31; Bartsch (1567)
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site