|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Rot über einem aus dem unteren Schildrand aufwachsenden silbernen Ziehbrunnen schwebend eine goldene Königskrone.
The arms were officially granted on January 27, 1959 and are canting.
The arms show a well (Brunnen) and a crown (for Königs, or royal). The village was founded by King Maximilian II of Bayern, who had first a well made for the water supply. The colours are those of the State of Augsburg, to which the area belonged until 1803.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.