|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on July 6, 1972.
The arms are based on the oldest seal of the city, with the city walls and the combined arms of Berg and Köln. The area belonged historically to the County Berg (lion) and the State of Köln (cross).
In the early 20th century the arms below were shown in the Kaffee Hag albums. These arms show a similar composition, but with 2 banners (Köln and ?) and a small shield with the arms of ?.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925