|Heraldry of the World |
|Danish heraldry portal|
Incorporated into : 2007 Region Hovedstaden
The arms were officially granted in 1959.
The arms show a crown ans three waterloly leaves. The crown indicates that historically a large part of the territory was owned by the King. The waterlily leaves symbolise the many lakes and watercourses in the area, as well as the coast. The arms were designed for the silver wedding of King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid.
From 1998-2006 the council used the arms with the crown and leaves in silver, but these arms have not officially been registered.
Literature: Achen, 1982