From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 08:40, 23 November 2015 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to navigation Jump to search



Region : Varsinais-Suomi
Former province : Länsi-Suomi (until 1997 Turku and Pori)
Incorporated into : 1968 Turku


Official blazon

Kultaken tässä kaksi mustaa, peräsimellä varustettua venettä hirsittäin alatusten, kummassakin veneessä punainen porraspäädyn muotoinen tiilipino.


The arms were officially granted on June 5, 1957.

The boats are the symbol for an island community. Their cargo of piles of bricks refers to the fact that in the Middle Ages brick-making and delivery of bricks, to for example Turku Castle and cathedral, was of great importance to the village. The two boats allude to the place name (kaksi kertaa = twice).

Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby, which takes a lot of time and effort (and costs).
If you like this initiative, please support the site:

Please visit our partners (click on image):

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature : Pirinen, 1982