|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on February 2, 1955.
The lion is taken from the arms of the Benedictine monastery in Irsee. At the same time the lion symbolises the Counts of Ronsberg, who also used a silver lion in their arms. The star is taken from the arms of the city of Kaufbeuren. The leaf is taken from the arms of the monastery in Rottenbuch. The colours of the last quarter are the colours of the monastery in Augsburg, who owned the Buchloe estate in the district.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.