|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Additions : 1914 Alscheid
Incorporated into : 2006 Kiischpelt
The arms were granted on April 28, 1984.
Until 1792 most of the municipality belonged to the Estate of Wiltz. The arms of the Estate were of gold with a chief of red. These arms are combined with the chequered shield (gold and red) of the Schaack family, who were the most important family in the village of Merckholz in the municipality.
To these arms are added two fish taken from the arms of the Fischbach family, who resided at the Schuttbourg castle in the municipality. The axe is taken from the (non official) arms of the former municipality of Alscheid, which was incorporated into Kautenbach in 1914.
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.