|Heraldry of the World |
|Latvian heraldry portal|
The town name is derived of the Kemmer family that owned the local estate. It was also called Kemeres in Latvian and Kemmern in German. The town was developed, when mineral water springs were discovered here.
In 1928 town rights were granted.
Contact and Support
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink