Arms : Azure three Salmon naiant in pale Argent finned and tailed Gules.
Crest : On a Wreath of the Colours issuing from a Wreath of Bay Leaves Vert Banded Or a demi Stag proper gorged with a Crown Or pendent therefrom an Escutcheon Ermine on a Chevron Vert between two Chevronels the upper one per pale Azure and Gules and the lower one per pale Gules and Azure a Cross Pattee Or holding between the forelegs a Fountain.
Supporters : On either side a Stag proper gorged with a Riband Argent pendent therefrom an Escutcheon Azure issuant from the base an Elm Tree proper in front of a Sun rising Or and resting the interior hind hoof on a charred Woodstock the whole upon a Grassy Mount proper supported by a Fillet wavy per fess wavy Argent and Azure.
The arms were recorded in 1572, and regranted on March 7, 1966. The crest and supporters were added in 1966.
The crest was previously used by the Borough of Malden and Coombe, with that Borough's arms hung from the neck of the stag. The shield is based on the arms of Merton College, Oxford, historic owners of the area. The stag is for Richmond Park.
The supporters were used by the Borough of Surbiton, with the borough's arms hanging from the neck. The small shield shows an elm tree, for the Hundred of Elmbridge. The stags were used by the Coutts family.
The compartment has waves along its base, showing Kingston's situation on the Thames.
The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Information provided by Laurence Jones