Country : Belgium
|French||D'argent à la crois recercelée & vidée de gueules.|
The arms were granted on June 18, 1845.
The arms show a cross, derived from the cross of the Knights Templar. The area was for a long time in the Middle Ages a possession of the Knights Templar. Several municipalities in the former Vincx Ambacht use similar arms, which differ only in the number of (canting) finches. The Vincx Ambacht was a part of the Vrije van Brugge, a large territory surrounding the city of Brugge, but not belonging to the city (Vrije van Brugge means Freedom-of-Brugge).
The different arms were already mentioned on the map made of the Vrije van Brugge by Pourbus in 1562.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site