Koersel

KOERSEL

Province : Limburg
Incorporated into : 1976 Beringen

Wapen van Koersel/Coat of arms (crest) of Koersel
Official blazon
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on September 14, 1970.

During the ancien régime, Koersel was part of the estate of Lummen, which was a jointly governed by the Prince-Bishops of Liège and the Dukes of Brabant. The arms show the chequered bar and the lion of the Counts of the Mark, as Lords of Lummen. Wilhelm of the Mark, received the estate of Lummen in the late 16th century in loan from the Prince-Bishops of Liège.

The free quarter shows the arms of the Counts of Looz, predecessors of the Counts of the Mark as Lords of Lummen.

The previous arms were granted on October 30, 1946 and had the same elements, but in a less accurate design

Koersel.jpg

Literature: Servais, 1955


Belgium heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Belgium.jpg
Belgium heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,273
  • of which images : 5,062

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink  
Index of the site