Kolding

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

KOLDING

Region : Syddanmark
Amt (until 2007) : Vejle
Additions : 1970 Dalby; 2007 Christiansfeld (partly, 1970 Aller, Bjerning, Fjelstrup, Frørup, Hejls, Hjerndrup, Stepping, Taps, Tyrstrup, Vejstrup), Lunderskov (1970 Jordrup, Lejrskov, Skanderup), Vamdrup (1970 Hjarup, Ødis)

Arms of Kolding
Official blazon
Danish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms are based on the oldest seal of the city, known since 1250. The meaning of the arms is unknown. It has been postulated that the arms are derived from the St. Knuds Guild, who used a lily as their symbol and which was known as the parrot-guild.

Seal of Kolding

Seal from the 13th century
Seal of Kolding

Seal from 1421
Seal of Kolding

Seal from 1648
Arms of Kolding

The arms in the Kaffe Hag album, 1933
Seal of Kolding

The arms until 2007
Kolding-cover.jpg

The arms seen locally on a manhole cover.


Literature: Achen, 1982




This page is part of the
Denmark-small.jpg
Danish heraldry portal (Dansk Heraldik)

Moldrup.jpg

Danish heraldry:

Groenla2.jpg
Foroyar1.jpg

Contact and Support

Partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site