|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Silber auf grünem Boden nebeneinander drei grüne Tannenbäume, vor denen ein roter Hirsch springt.
The arms were granted in 1468 by Nicolaus, Abbott of the Waldsassesn Abbey, to which the town belonged at the time. On July 10, 1978 the arms were confirmed.
The deer, a roebuck or Reh, and trees symbolise the Rehberg forests near the town. The composition as such has not changed during the centuries, but the size, shape and colour of the deer and also the trees has differed widely. Compare also Rehau.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.