|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Blau der goldene Großbuchstabe L, links oben ein sechsstrahliger goldener Stern.
The arms were officially granted in 1921.
The arms show a letter L, symbolising the name of the village, and a six-pointed star. The L was used as the local village sign on border-stones already in 1684. The seal from 1757 of Löchgau shows the L with the star. Also, all later images and seals show the same combination. The star was probably added to distinguish the seal from the seal of Lorch, which also showed a letter L. The colours were determined arbitrarily in 1921, as no historical colours were known.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Literature : Bardua, 1987