|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1937 and were based on elements of the seals of the three villages in the municipality. The old seal of Lövenich showed the cross of the Knights of St. John (Maltese Knights) as these owned the village in the 14th and 15th century. It also shows St. John and St. Severinus.
The other small shield shows the T-cross of St. Anthony, taken from the seal of Junkersdorf. The village was owned by the Order of St. Anthony in Köln.
The arrow is the symbol of St. Sebastian, taken from the seal of Königsdorf.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.