Langenfeld (Mettmann)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
District (Kreis) : Mettmann (until 1974 Rhein-Wupper Kreis)
Additions : 1936 Reusrath, Richrath

Wappen von Langenfeld (Mettmann)/Arms (crest) of Langenfeld (Mettmann)
Official blazon
English (Mettmann) No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation


The arms were officially granted on July 26, 1939.

The lion in the arms is the lion of the counts, later dukes of Berg, who owned the area. The horn symbolises the fact that the town grew around a major post station of the Thurn und Taxis postal service in the last century. The station was situated on a major crossroads Köln-Düsseldorf and Solingen-Hitdorf.

Arms of Langenfeld (Mettmann)

The arms on a local stamp
Wappen von Langenfeld (Mettmann)

Municipal stationery, 1960s
Arms of Langenfeld (Mettmann)

The arms on a special cancellation 1973

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal


German heraldry:


Selected collector's items from Germany:

Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink