|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were granted on December 15, 1949.
The arms show three keys, the symbol of the Abbey of St. Pieter in Gent, that ruled the estate of Ledeberg since the 14th century. The shield is placed in front of St. Daniel, the patron saint of the village.
Prior to 1949 the municipality used an unofficial coat of arms showing three bulls, each with a nose ring. These arms were designed around 1870 and had the motto "Babulo annulus hominis lex" (the ring for a bull is like the law for men). The motto and the arms were based on the old court, which was held in the open air for many centuries.
Postal cancellation 1970
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !