|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on October 12, 1982.
The wavy bend symbolises the Weser river, which has been of great importance in the development of the village. The urn in the lower half symbolises the long-time inhabitation of the area, as pre-historic finds have indicated. The horn symbolises the local post station, founded in 1684. The station was an important station as it was on the junction of several postal routes. The red and golden colours are derived from the colours of the Dukes of Braunschweig, as the village belonged since 1582 to the Duchy Braunschweig.
Literature : Ziegler, 1986