|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on February 6, 1952.
The upper part of the arms show the arms of the Lords of Lippe, who owned most of the area in the district. The lower part shows the star of the arms of the Counts of Sternberg, whose main castle was in the district.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.