|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Silber auf grünem Boden rechts eine rote Köhlerhütte, links ein grüner Baum; davor ein schwarzgekleideter Mann mit roter Weste, die Linke erhoben.
The arms were officially granted on February 28, 1961.
The arms are based on a 19th century seal of the village. The municipality already asked in 1895 to have the composition of the seal made into arms. Due to the non-heraldic nature the State Archives did not approve the design. However, after a long discussion, the arms below were granted. Unfortunately the colours were not described clearly and the whole composition was described as 'proper', which made a uniform and clear image very difficult.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms from 1895.
Only in 1961, after 2 more years of discussion, the above arms were approved, showing a simplified version of the previous arms, with properly described colours.
The meaning of the composition was that according to legend the village developed around a charcoal oven under a linden tree.