|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on August 7, 1980.
The upper half shows the lion of the Pfalz, as the village historically was ruled by the Dukes of the Pfalz. The lower half shows the old village symbol, which can be seen on the old borderstones, dating from 1750, near the village. The tool is described as a canting Lohnen, which is either a tool, or a part of a wagon-wheel.
Literature : Debus, 1988