London County Council
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:12, 22 September 2018 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "50 px|link=United Kingdom[[Category" to "[[Category")
|Heraldry of the World |
|British heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
LONDON COUNTY COUNCIL
Incorporated into : 1965 Greater London Council
Arms : Barry wavy of six pieces blue and silver, a silver chief and theron the red cross of St. George charged with a gold lion of England
Crest : A gold mural crown.
The arms were granted on July 29, 1914.
The waver represent the Thames. The cross of St. George is taken from the arms of the city of London. The royal lion is taken as a symbol of the capital of England and the Imperial Government at the time.
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature : Scott-Giles, C.W. : Civic heraldry of England and Wales, London, 1932.