|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Unter goldenem Schildhaupt, darin eine blaue Hirschstange, in Silber ein wachsender Mönchsrumpf in schwarzem Habit.
The arms were granted on April 15, 1922.
The oldest use of the arms date from 1811, when the arms appeared on the new seal of the local council. The monk's torso is a canting element (Mönch=monk). The deer antler in the chief is derived from the arms of Württemberg, to which the village historically belonged. In 1810, however, the village had become a part of Baden. The seal was used until the late 19th century, when it was replaced by a new seal showing a shield with a lion, derived from the State arms of Baden. In 1919 the old seal was restored and in 1922 were the arms officially granted.
Literature : John and Heine, 1989