Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Heraldry of the World
The main resource for civic heraldry since 1996 with 273,914 images
|The National Emblem of the Maldives||The National Flag||Location|
The Maldive Islands, is an island nation in the Indian Ocean formed by a double chain of twenty-six atolls stretching in a north-south direction off India's Lakshadweep islands, between Minicoy Island and Chagos Archipelago.
The Maldives has 7 provinces each consisting of the following administrative divisions (the capital Malé is its own administrative division):
- 1.Mathi-Uthuru Province; consists of Haa Alif Atoll, Haa Dhaalu Atoll and Shaviyani Atoll.
- 2.Uthuru Province; consists of Noonu Atoll, Raa Atoll, Baa Atoll and Lhaviyani Atoll.
- 3.Medhu-Uthuru Province; consists of Kaafu Atoll, Alifu Alifu Atoll, Alifu Dhaalu Atoll and Vaavu Atoll.
- 4.Medu Province; consists of Meemu Atoll, Faafu Atoll and Dhaalu Atoll.
- 5.Medhu-Dhekunu Province; consists of Thaa Atoll and Laamu Atoll.
- 6.Mathi-Dhekunu Province; consists of Gaafu Alifu Atoll and Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll.
- 7.Dhekunu Province; consists of Gnaviyani Atoll and Addu City.
None of these uses arms.