Marienbourg: Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "50 px|link=Belgium[[Category" to "[[Category")
m (Text replacement - "Literature :" to "'''Literature''':")
 
Line 23: Line 23:
{{media}}
{{media}}


[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Belgium|Literature]] : Servais, 1955
[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Belgium|'''Literature''']]: Servais, 1955


[[Category:Belgian Municipal Arms M]]
[[Category:Belgian Municipal Arms M]]
[[Category:Namur]]
[[Category:Namur]]
[[Category:Granted 1855]]
[[Category:Granted 1855]]

Latest revision as of 11:03, 9 September 2022

Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

MARIENBOURG

Province : Namur
Incorporated into : 1963 Mariembourg (1977 Couvin)

Armoiries de Marienbourg

Official blazon

D'or au lion de sable.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on February 28, 1855.

The arms show a black lion, which is derived from the oldest known seal of the town, dating from 1570. The origin or meaning of the lion is not known. It is likely the lion of Namur, but the village was a possession of the State of Liège at the time.
In the 17th century the arms for Marienbourg were shown as St.Mary with child, a canting element. And in 1774 a red shield with the letters MB was once used as the symbol for the town.

Wapen van/Blason de Marienbourg

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby, which takes a lot of time and effort (and costs).
If you like this initiative, please support the site:


Please visit our partners (click on image):



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature: Servais, 1955