Marienbourg

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 06:01, 21 January 2023 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "↵{{media}}↵↵'''Literature''': Servais, 1955↵↵[[Category:" to " '''Literature''': Servais, 1955 {{be1}} {{media1}} [[Category:")
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Belgium heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Belgium.jpg
Belgium heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,282
  • of which images : 5,065

Other heraldry:

MARIENBOURG

Province : Namur
Incorporated into : 1963 Mariembourg (1977 Couvin)

Armoiries de Marienbourg

Official blazon

D'or au lion de sable.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on February 28, 1855.

The arms show a black lion, which is derived from the oldest known seal of the town, dating from 1570. The origin or meaning of the lion is not known. It is likely the lion of Namur, but the village was a possession of the State of Liège at the time.
In the 17th century the arms for Marienbourg were shown as St.Mary with child, a canting element. And in 1774 a red shield with the letters MB was once used as the symbol for the town.

Wapen van/Blason de Marienbourg

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955


This page is part of the
Belgium.jpg
Belgium heraldry portal/ Belgische overheidswapens/ Armorial de Belgique

Maldegem.jpg


  • Total pages in the Belgian section : 10
  • of which images : 19
Lamme Goden.jpg
Be-1345.jpg

Template:Media1