Marienbourg

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 14:36, 9 December 2017 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "[[Category:Belgian Municipal Arms" to "[[File:belgium.jpg|50 px|link=Belgium]][[Category:Belgian Municipal Arms")

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

MARIENBOURG

Province : Namur
Incorporated into : 1963 Mariembourg (1977 Couvin)

Armoiries de Marienbourg

Official blazon

D'or au lion de sable.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on February 28, 1855.

The arms show a black lion, which is derived from the oldest known seal of the town, dating from 1570. The origin or meaning of the lion is not known. It is likely the lion of Namur, but the village was a possession of the State of Liège at the time.
In the 17th century the arms for Marienbourg were shown as St.Mary with child, a canting element. And in 1774 a red shield with the letters MB was once used as the symbol for the town.

Wapen van/Blason de Marienbourg

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Servais, 1955

Belgium.jpg