|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Gespalten von Blau und Gold; vorne eine bewurzelte goldene Tanne, hinten eine blaue heraldische Lilie.
The village of Wald received town (Markt) rights in 1593 but never used its own seal. The present arms therefore were designed in 1951 and granted on July 23, 1951.
The pine tree is a canting symbol, Wald meaning forest. The fleur-de-lis is derived from the arms of the powerful Fugger family. The village was acquired by Anton Fugger in 1549.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.