|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in July 1930.
The arms are based on the oldest local seal, dating from 1626. The wheel is taken from the arms of the Lords of Bolanden, the red bar is taken from the arms of the Lords of Wartenberg. Both ruled the village, which was part of the State of Mainz. The wheel also symbolises the State of Mainz, which used a silver wheel in red.
The base symbolises the Pfrimm river, which runs through the village.
Literature : Debus, 1988