|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on October 18, 1988.
The two stars are derived from the arms of the Bitburg district to which the area belonged until 1793. The lower part shows the cross derived from the arms of the Echternach Abbey, to which the local church belonged since 1161.
Literature : Wappenbuch der Verbandsgemeinde Bitburg-Land 1995.